Access Statement for The Silverdale Guesthouse
Our home is a three storey Edwardian house in the centre of Seaford town; offering four star bed and breakfast guest accommodation.
We aim to cater for the needs of all visitors to our home and offer a friendly, homely and relaxed setting. The following is a summary of our provision. We have four guest bedrooms with en-suite facilities in all; three rooms are on the first floor and one is on the ground floor.
We are a pet friendly accommodation.
Our Sussex breakfast we offer is from a varied menu, offering local, seasonal and many free range ingredients; such as home made preserves, home made bread and local Sussex butter and organic apple juice. Coeliac, Vegan and vegetarian diets are catered for; just let us know in advance so that we can assure you of a lovely breakfast.
We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any queries or require any assistance please phone 01323 491849 or email email@example.com.
- We are a two minute walk away from the town centre shops. Ammenities in the town include library, supermarket, chemists, doctors, dentists, banks, vets, police station, many retail outlets, pubs and lots of places to eat.
- Local transport is very good, with frequent buses and trains. Bus stops to Eastbourne (East) and Brighton (West) less than ten metres away from the guesthouse. The train station is a five minute walk away.
- Taxis with wheelchair accessibility are available, see contact details.
- A list of local restaurants/eateries is available from us if you wish to pre-book a meal. This can be posted or emailed to you on request.
- Our breakfast menu is available to view on our website or a print out is available on request.
- Photographs of our rooms are available to view on our website.
- Information about items provided for pets can be found on our website and is available in paper form by request.
Car Parking and Arrival
- Please advise us of your anticipated time of arrival to ensure your accommodation is ready. We ask that guests arrive after 3pm and before 10pm. Earlier registration is sometimes possible and luggage can be stored for your return after 3pm.
- We are on the main road (A259) through Seaford; with double yellow lines directly outside our house, with unrestricted on-road parking available from 10 metres away. We are in the town centre so at times parking is a little limited. There are some 2-hour parking bays close and a public car park just 2 minutes walk from the guesthouse. Charges are approximately £2 per day.
- There are low kerbs and no gradients.
- From the pavement, there is a small latched gate to enter the front of the property. There are three stone steps up to the front door with an 8″ step into the porch, with a 4″ step into the house.
- Our signs are well lit and clearly visible from the road (signs are burgandy with gold lettering).
- Assistance is always available with luggage.
- There is a door knocker and bell to gain our attention and useful phone numbers on a plaque in the porch if you have trouble gaining our attention.
- Guests are welcomed in the carpeted hallway, which is level throughout; and taken through to the dining room where they are asked to register. Access is gained to the dining room via the hallway; which has maximum width of 155cm and narrowest part being average door width (68cm).
- A bell is provided in the hallway to call for attention/assistance and our mobile telephone numbers are on a plaque on the wall in the hallway.
- Leaflets, maps and tourist information is available in the entrance hall and dining room.
- Once registered, guests are escorted to their rooms and the facilities explained.
- All areas are evenly and well lit.
- An additional room key is available on request.
- Each room has clear signage on regarding its usage and accessibility i.e. dining room, private lounge etc…
- There is 1 ground floor double room called Tidemills, with level access from the front door. This room is situated at the side of the house.
- There are 3 further guest rooms situated on the first floor, only accessible by the 16-18 carpeted stairs.
- There is one double room (called Cuckmere Haven) with en-suite shower cubicle, toilet and wash basin. This room is at the side of the house.
- There is a suite called The Martello Suite (double bedroom with exclusive use sun-room) with large en-suite bathroom. This room is situated at the back of the house.
- Our family room is called Splash Point and has a double bed, single bed and space for our temporary guest bed for extra guest) with large en-suite bathroom;and is situated at the front of the house.
- All bedrooms have main lighting and bedside lamps, full length mirror, ample storage, clock radio, heating, carpeting in bedrooms and lino in the bathrooms/shower rooms, TV with remote controls, non-feather bedding, mini bar fridge, seating, hair-drier and a generous drinks tray.
- Adaptor plugs, iron and ironing board are available to borrow on request.
Bathrooms, Shower-rooms & Toilets (Ensuite or Shared)
- All rooms have en-suite facilities; Tidemills and Cuckmere Haven having ensuite showers and Martello Suite and Splash Point have full en-suite bathrooms with showers over baths. Martello Suite also has a bidet.
- A chair is provided in both bathrooms.
- There are illuminated mirrors in all bath/shower rooms/bedrooms.
- A bath sheet, hand towel and face cloth is provided for each guest and can be exchanged for clean ones daily.
- Complimentary toiletries are provided for each room.
Public Areas – Halls, Stairs, Landings, Corridors
- All public areas, hall, stairs and landings are well lit with emergency lighting should there be a power cut.
- There is short pile carpet in all public areas, including stairs; which have a hand rail on the right hand side.
- The hallways are all heated.
- There is no smoking any where in the house; rooms or public areas.
- The dining room is situated on the ground floor with step free level entry from the front door and downstairs guest room.
- The door opening to the dining room is a standard 75cm/29.5inches.
- There is a main ceiling light and wall lights and a large window offering natural light.
- Coeliac, vegan and vegetarian diets are catered for as well as the usual cooked breakfasts. Pleas let us know prior to your visit if you have any special dietary requirements. Our full menu is available on our website. Cereals, fruit juices, yogurts etc are self service; with a waiter/waitress taking your hot food order and hot drinks. Assistance can be given if needed.
- Crockery is colour contrasted with the table cloths when possible.
- Guests with dogs are permitted to bring their dogs into the dining room if the dog sits with them calmly and are under control.
- Classic FM or easy listening music is usual played at breakfast time.
- We have a small, paved, raised terrace in the front of the house, where we set out a table and chairs in the warmer months; where guests can sit and smoke and/ or enjoy a drink from their mini-bar or a tea/coffee. Please request an ashtray.
- In the event of a fire, a very loud, wailing alarm will sound. Vacate the builing immediately. We will alert guests if necessary. If you need assistance in these circumstances please let us know on booking/registration. If you have a hearing impairment please advise us.
- Evacuate through the front door where possible. If this is not possible – evacuate through the dining room, kitchen and utility room into the private courtyard garden, where there is access to the front of the house. In the event of an emergency/fire – please ignore the hanging barriers and proceed.
- If you discover a fire – please break one of the alarms located by the front door, top of the stairs and outside Splash Point room, and in the utility room.
- There are three fire extinguishers in public areas – in the entrance hall, top of the stairs outside Martello Suite and outside Splash Point room.
- If you have any medication or small perishable items the mini fridge in your guest room may be used.
- Mobile phone reception is fairly good on most networks.
- Free Wi-Fi is available if you have a lap-top. Please ask for details on arrival.